About the opportunity
Human Technopole (HT) is looking for Bioimage Analysts and Research Software Engineers to add to our creative and interdisciplinary research teams at the Human Technopole (HT) in Milan, Italy.
The positions to be filled will be part of HT’s image analysis facility. The facility will be offering bleeding-edge image analysis services to researchers within HT, but is equally dedicated to support the wider science landscape in Italy and beyond. Our service portfolio includes technical consultation with users, building and deploying suitable analysis pipelines, quality control, publishing support, visualization and rendering services, as well as the development of new open-source tools. Next to image analysis and software development, we also envision a strong focus on teaching: we aim at enabling users to perform an increasing amount of their required analyses by themselves.
The work in the image analysis facility will be tightly coupled to the research conducted in the Jug Lab at HT. The Jug Lab is developing novel computer vision and machine learning methods and algorithms for a broad array of image-based biomedical research. We seek an open-minded and motivated personality to help us further our service portfolio and software landscape for bio-image analysis. The offered job naturally comes with the opportunity to visit other members of the community of Bioimage Analysts around the world and will bring you in touch with the latest algorithms, software tools, but also microscopy hardware and technology.
- M.Sc. degree or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Biology, or related areas.
- Experience with the analysis of microscopy image data is required, expected knowledge with at least one established analysis software (eg. Fiji, ilastik, Cell Profiler, Napari, Imaris, Arivis, or a similar tool).
- Good programming skills are very desirable, ideally in programming languages such as Java, Python and/or C/C++.
- Prior exposure to tools such as git, Github, Jenkins or Travis, automated test suits, etc. are a plus.
- Keen interest in finding suitable solutions for our users while working in a young and friendly team.
Closing date: Friday, 4 December 2020
For more information, please visit this webpage.