About the opportunity The NIF Board of Directors are currently searching for a Chief Executive Officer to lead the next stage of the organisation’s growth and development. Your primary responsibility will be to provide strategic leadership and management to the NIF in order to enable the national and internal strategic and collaborative capability of imaging infrastructure. You will achieve this by ensuring the delivery of outstanding research infrastructure, that supports world class research and by advancing NIF to the next stage of its development as a critical component of Australia’s national research infrastructure.
You will lead the development of the NIF Strategic plan and business plans while engaging with new and existing funding agencies, partner institutions and industry. The successful growth of NIF will require you to be a domestic and global advocate of NIF capability and infrastructure. This is a truly exciting time to join the NIF. The federal government is undertaking the 2021 National Research Infrastructure Roadmap, which presents the successful candidate with the opportunity to shape a new vision and strategy for the NIF which builds upon the established success of the facility.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate broad senior executive leadership experience, gained in a knowledge intensive setting where innovation, data and/or research drive impact and outcomes. Essential to your application will be a background in science and technology, which will provide a foundation for influential engagement in the domestic and international imaging community.
- You will be a strategic thinker with strong business and financial acumen and the ability to deliver outcomes at scale. You will have experience navigating the nuances of government, academia and industry, while developing collaborative and lasting partnerships with stakeholders. Critical to your success will be your ability to distil business strategy into tangible outcomes for the development of the NIF on the national and global stage.
- You will be an inclusive leader who innately drives a culture of high performance and achievements amongst their team.
- Relevant academic qualifications are essential to your application.
About the offer
- This is a full-time, 5-year fixed term position on a senior contract.
- A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- You will be able to take advantage of UQ Sport Facilities, recreation leave loading, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare, discounted private health insurance, cheap parking, development programs and many other benefits.
For more information and to apply, please visit this webpage.