About the opportunity
A brand new cryoTEM facility is being established at The University Western Australia – the first of its kind in Western Australia. Under broad direction, as a member of the electron microscopy team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the cryoTEM and related sample preparation instrumentation.
This position, offered at Level A or Level B, will provide you with an exciting opportunity to develop diverse new applications of cryoTEM and associated techniques within the WA research community, and to establish cryoTEM as a core capability within the State.
- To succeed in this position, you will possess a positive attitude with a willingness to train and support a broad and diverse user community in all aspects of the cryoTEM workflow.
- You will be a flexible and adaptable individual who enjoys learning new concepts and skills, whilst taking every available opportunity to initiate and engage in collaborative research leading to high quality research outcomes and publications.
- You will provide advice, training and support in all aspects of the cryoTEM workflow, from sample preparation through to data acquisition and analysis, to a broad and diverse user community.
- You will engage in collaborative research with the local user community leading to high quality research outcomes and publications. You will also participate more broadly in the activities of the electron microscopy group.
- Exciting opportunity for a passionate scientist with cryoTEM experience to work in a multi-disciplinary research environment developing and supporting cryoTEM-based research programs
- Fixed term appointment until 30 June 2023 with an immediate start (with a possibility of extension depending on performance and funding)
- Salary range: Level A $72,780 - $97,946 p.a. or Level B $102,983 - $121,864 p.a. plus superannuation depending on qualifications and experience
For more information and to apply, please visit this webpage.