Seeking Research Fellow (BioImage Analyst) at the SiMBA Microscopy Core Facility of the Mechanobiology Institute, National University of Singapore
About the opportunity
The Mechanobiology Institute (MBI), National University of Singapore (NUS), is seeking to recruit a Research Fellow (BioImage Analyst) to join SiMBA core facility of MBI. SIMBA is the acronym for “SIngapore Microscopy and Bioimage Analysis”.
We solve biologists bioimaging needs with cutting edge technology and image analysis methods. The platform is equipped with more than twenty advanced microscopes and offers a large catalog of image analysis solutions (Imaris, Fiji, Matlab, Huygens, Python, IDL, etc). We train each user on the different imaging techniques and image processing softwares, as well as provide personalized and small group sessions to advise users from sample preparation to the data extraction. With the addition of Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithm along with powerful computing resources, we offer options to capture, analyze, segment, and restore bioimages with the best available tools. SIMBA is also part of the national infrastructure Singascope and Global Bioimaging network. The successful applicant will be part of an interdisciplinary team composed of light microscopy application specialists and biologists.
- PhD. in relevant scientific areas
- Relevant experience in biological image analysis, programming of image analysis software, experience with batch processing of microscopy data and automation of image acquisition
- Experience in image formation (microscopy) and life sciences
- Experience in machine learning and deep learning will be considered as a strong advantage
- Strong programming skills preferably in ImageJ macro, Python, Matlab, R and Java
- Strong motivation to support and train users with a problem-solving mindset
- Excellent social, communication and organization skills
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience with light microscopy applications will be considered an advantage.
- Introducing, training, and supporting users on data analysis workflows
- Participating in experimental design meetings with facility users and other staff members to define optimal image acquisition and analysis strategies
- Creating project-based image analysis workflow solutions
- Development and implementation of new image analysis tools
- Defining and developing the hardware and software framework to support SiMBA services
- Creating intelligent image acquisition solutions
- Developing data management and storage protocols
- Staying up to date with the latest developments in image analysis methods and technologies
- Assistance and training of users as referent staff on some of SiMBA microscopes
- Taking in charge a part of administrative works
- Networking with the international image analysis community
- Helping with the organization and teaching.
Applications should be sent via email to Research Asst. Prof. Anne Beghin at [email protected]
Application documents to include: 1) a brief description of experience and domain of interests, and 2) a full CV, with the names and contacts (email addresses) of two to three references.