The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub is a well-funded, non-profit life science research institute in San Francisco, CA. We focus on developing and deploying new technologies to study biological systems and fight diseases. We partner with UCSF, UC Berkeley and Stanford University on projects at the forefront of modern biological research. At the Biohub, biologists, engineers and data scientists work side-by-side to tackle science’s biggest problems. We find and invest in the best and brightest scientists and engineers, and we strive to create an environment of true and free-flowing collaboration.
To unravel how cells are organized in space and time as part of our Cell Atlas project, we are building genome-wide libraries of fluorescently tagged cell lines. We leverage a wide array of modern technologies: high-throughput CRISPR engineering, deep sequencing, proteomics, robotics, live-cell imaging, and state-of-the art image processing, analysis and data science.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist to join our team to build an open-source database of microscopy images and invent the next generation of tools to analyze our data and inform image acquisition. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates interested to work at the nexus of systems biology, big data and image analysis, as part of a collegial & multi-disciplinary team of cell biologists, microscope builders and data scientists.
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Bioengineering or related fields
- Proven track record in biological image analysis
- Good understanding of microscopy and optics
- Strong computational skills in Python
- Familiarity with database structure (ex. SQL) and web applications
- Experience with data visualization solutions
- A general enthusiasm for systems biology and big datasets
- Must be highly collaborative, team-oriented, and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Amazon-based cloud computing and deep learning frameworks is a plus
The Candidate will:
- Contribute to building a web portal for navigating & sharing imaging data
- Develop algorithms for 3D tracking in time-lapse imaging
- Implement deep learning solutions for image restoration of low-intensity images
- Author publications and mentor junior colleagues
This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered. CZ Biohub is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.. To apply please go here .