Workshop on How to Build an Imaging Core Facility from the ground up
Date & Time:
13 July 2021, 16:00 - 19:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST).
For convenience, please check other time zones during which this workshop is taking place:
- 10:00 - 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- 15:00 - 18:00 Western European Summer Time (WEST)
- 17:00 - 20:00 Eastern European Summer Time (EEST)
- 19:30 - 22:30 Indian Standard Time (IST)
Description of the workshop:
This workshop will feature several presentations on the topic of how to build an imaging core facility from the ground up. The speakers have extensive experience in how to build an imaging core facility (light and electron microscopy) from scratch. After the presentations, participants are invited to exchange their own experiences and discuss the building blocks of imaging core facilities and most common issues arising during the process. The duration of the workshop is 2.5-3 hours.
- Erin Tranfield (Head of Electron Microscopy Facility, Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, Oeiras, Portugal)
- Dimitri Scholz (Head of Imaging Core, University College Dublin, Ireland)
- Gabor Csúcs (Head of Scientific Center for Optical and Electron Microscopy, ETZ Zurich, Switzerland)
Target audience: This workshop is open to imaging core facility staff working in light microscopy core facilities, electron microscopy core facilities, and biomedical imaging facilities as well as anyone who is or will be involved in establishing an imaging core facility at their research institution.
Please register for the workshop by completing the form here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/gbi-workshop