Effective Time Management in Core Facilities
Date & Time:
This workshop is offered on two dates: 25 and 26 August 2021, 13:30 - 17:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
For convenience, please check other time zones during which this workshop is taking place:
- 09:00 - 12:30 India Standard Time (IST)
- 11:30 - 15:00 Singapore Time (SGT)
- 12:30 - 16:00 Japan Standard Time (JST)
In case your time zone is not above, please convert to your local time by inputting your town or city: https://savvytime.com/converter/cest/aug-25-2021/5-30am
This workshop is organized and sponsored by Global BioImaging and delivered by hfp consulting (https://hfp-consulting.com/). Core facility managers and staff find themselves in a variety of different roles that demand a broad set of skills they traditionally haven’t been taught in their academic career. Fulfilling different professional roles such as scientist, expert, negotiator, administrator, accountant (to name only a few) requires good time management skills and clear guideline how to prioritise tasks and how to delegate them effectively.
Goals of this workshop:
- Acquire new technical and complementary skills to master challenging professional situations
- Strengthen their self-confidence and standing as managers within their institutions
- Be supported in better fulfill the multitude of professional roles as a core facility manager
- Strengthen their network within their community
- Setting the Frame for the workshop
- Navigating the Multitude of Professional Roles
- Time Management and Setting Priorities
- The Art of Delegation – The Delegation Wheel
Target audience: This workshop is open to imaging core facility directors and staff (light microscopy, electron microscopy, and biomedical imaging).
Please apply for this workshop by completing the form here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GBI_time_management
Application deadline: 13 August 2021
Please note that this workshop is limited to 40 places. You application will be evaluated based on your statement of motivation and your needs when it comes to time management by the selection committee.
Please note that this workshop will not be recorded to ensure high level of interaction and discussion during the workshop.