Course dates: 21-24 February 2023 (4 days)
Course location: Cuernavaca, Mexico
Venue: Instituto de Biotecnología, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México campus in Cuernavaca
Facility management constitutes a new career path for imaging scientists. In this first in-person course since the start of the pandemic, Global BioImaging together with its partner in Mexico, the National Laboratory for Advanced Microscopy (Laboratorio Nacional de Microscopía Avanzada) based at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México) delivers a course focused on facility management and image data. The course is open to imaging facility managers and technical staff and will feature in-person and remote speakers as well as opportunities for the participants to network with each other and in-person speakers.
This course will feature workshops on how to measure an impact of imaging facilities and seminars on ISO standards, career development in core facilities, success story of MSc Program in imaging and microscopy, setting up and running imaging facilities, training resources in microscopy, FAIR principles and case studies of image data reuse using IDR image data repository as well as examples of research data management in an imaging core facility.
The program is available as a PDF attachment found on the right hand side.
This course is limited to 25 places and will take place in-person only.
This event will take place in-person only at the Instituto de Biotecnología campus in Cuernavaca, Mexico.
This event is free of charge.
Speakers & instructors
- Claire M. Brown (McGill University, Canada)
- Chris Wood (Laboratorio Nacional de Microscopía Avanzada, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico) *
- Christina Baer (UMass Chan Medical School, USA) *
- Diana Toivola (Abo Akademi University, Finland) *
- Flor Mónica Gutiérrez Alcántara (National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico)
- Gleb Grebnev (EMBL, Germany)
- Jean-Marie Burel (Open Microscopy Environment, United Kingdom) *
- Jennifer Waters (Harvard Medical School, USA) *
- Jennifer Whiting (Microscopy Australia) *
- Laurence Lejeune (Canadian Network of Scientific Platforms, Canada)
- Natalia de Val (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
- Nikki Bialy (BioImaging North America)
- Pablo Loza (The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Spain)
- Philip Hockberger (Northwestern University, Chicago, USA)
- and many others
remote speaker *
Prerequisites for application
- You must be employed by a nonprofit research institution (institute, university, etc.)
- You must be working in an imaging facility and/or provide access to imaging technologies and services to users of your department, institution or university
Please complete the application form hosted on SurveyMonkey:
Applications for this course are now closed.
Applications for travel grants are now closed.
Applications for travel grants are invited by persons from nonprofit organizations (research institutions and universities) via reimbursement. 8 travel grants in total are available for this event.
Travel grants can cover the following costs: transportation costs (e.g. air travel, public transportation) and/or accommodation costs (e.g. hotel).
More about travel grant applications: https://globalbioimaging.org/international-training-courses/about-the-travel-grant
Review of travel grant applications will take place after the deadline specified above by a selection committee consisting of two members of the Global BioImaging coordination team.
For any questions, please contact Gleb Grebnev at the following address: gleb.grebnev at embl.de