Core facility management: corporate partnerships, efficient time management, and getting your message across
Global BioImaging together with Canada BioImaging (https://www.canadabioimaging.org/) and BioImaging North America (https://www.bioimagingna.org/) is bringing you a course on core facility management focusing on several key areas required for effecient management and operation of an imaging core facility such as effective communication, time management, and establishing corporate partnerships. This course consists of three individual sessions.
Date: 12-14 April
Target audience: Parts of this course including webinar on Communication and workshop on Corporate partnerships are open to everyone. The workshop on Time management is open for applications to imaging core facility staff (light mcroscopy, electron microscopy, and biomedical imaging).
- Day 1 webinar will focus on the topic of Communication with Jean-luc Doumont from Principiae (https://www.principiae.be/) delivering a 2-hour lecture on effective communication strategies. This webinar is open to everyone, however, registration is mandatory.
- Day 2 workshop on Time management requires an application and is open to staff of imaging core facilities (light mcroscopy, electron microscopy, and biomedical imaging). There are limited places at this workshop and evaluation is performed based on the statement of motivation by the selection committee.
- Day 3 workshop will focus on Corporate partnerships where Douglas Richardson (Harvard University) will give a talk titled Purchasing versus leasing scientific equipment and Claire M. Brown (McGill University, Montreal, Canada) and Holly Aaron (University of California, Berkeley, California, USA) will deliver talks on Jointly organizing and hosting training courses with companies. This workshop is open to everyone, however, registration is mandatory.
- For the sessions on April 12 and April 14, please register by 8 April 2021, 12:00 CET
- For the session on April 13 on time management, please apply by 22 March 2021, 12:00 CET
For more information about this training offer and to apply, please visit this webpage.